雅思常用口语之护照办理(二)。护照办理也是雅思口语中经常涉及到的考题。感兴趣的小伙伴快来看一看吧。
实用对话
Getting a Visa办理签证
Wang Mei: Are you a visa officer?
王梅:您是签证官吗?
Visa Officer: Yes. Please take a seat You want to go to New York right?
签证官:是的。请坐。你想去纽约,是吗?
Wang Mei: Yes. My uncle is living there. He would like to transfer ownership of his property to me. I'd be very grateful if
you would let me go there to handle all the legal formalities.
王梅:是的。我叔叔住在那儿。他打算把财产所有权*给我。如果您能让我去那里办理所有的法律手续,我将不胜感激。
Visa Officer: OK. What kinds of contagious diseases have you suffered from?
签证官:好的。你以前得过什么传染病吗?
Wang Mei: None.
王梅:什么病也没有得过。
Visa Officer: When are you planning to depart?
签证官:你准备什么时候动身呢?
Wang Mei: Some time around the middle or end of next month.
王梅:下个月中旬或月底吧。
Visa Officer: OK. we'll complete the formalities for your entry visa of your trip to New York as soon as possible. We'll let
you know once it comes through.
签证官:好的,我们会尽快办完你去纽约的入境签证手续。一旦办完,我们就通知你。
Wang Mei: Thank you very much.
王梅:太谢谢了。
Visa Officer: You are welcome.
签证官:不客气。
详细解说
1.“legal formalities”指“法律手续”。
2.“once”在对话中是“一旦,一经…便…”的意思,相当于“as soon as”。例如: Once you talk to him. you will know he is a good
person.(你只要和他一交谈,就会知道他是个好人。)Once I get him a job,he will be happy.(一旦我给他找到了工作,他就会高兴了。)
3.词组“come through”可以表示“正式批准下来”。用英语可以解释为: be made official especially by having the correct
documents officially approved。例如: I'm still waiting for my divorce to come through (我还在等着我的离婚批下来。)另外,这
个词组还可以表示“(消息、信息等)到达(某个地方)”。例如:We're still waiting for our exam results to come through.(我们仍然在等着考试成绩发下来。)
以上便是关于雅思常用口语之护照办理的详细介绍。更多详情,欢迎咨询朗阁在线老师。